What can inspire you better to summer travel than a great list of inspiring beach quotes? Well, maybe just inspiration beach quotes nicely fitted into colorful photos!
So here I prepared a list of 51+ beautiful beach quotes that will help feed your wanderlust before your next beach trip. Simply browse them and imagine how the ocean breeze puts you in front of new possibilities and adventures.
Inspiring yourself to beach vacation by reading and sharing quotes about a beach and love is the #1 among travel tips to starting to organize your next adventure.
I find the below quotes on beaches especially encouraging and I hope they will make you feel the vibe of your next beach vacation. For some of them, I prepared lovely images that you can pin to your Pinterest board so they will serve whenever you’ll need them.
As a bonus, at the end of the article, I put some home decor ideas with cute and fun beach quotes. You can use them as an inspiration to bring beachy vibes into your home.
Inspiring Beach Quotes
You can read all of these fun-at-the-beach quotes one by one, or you can jump directly to the category that interests you the most by clicking below.
Life quotes beach
We start the list of the beach vibes quotes with some inspirational quotes about the beach. The coast always has the power of boosting humans’ moods, so let’s use it and enjoy those beach sand quotes.
1. “The three great elemental sounds of nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in the woods, and the sound of the ocean outside on a beach.” – Henry Beston
2. “Take time in a place you love, restore your spirit on the beach.” – Luanne Rice
3. “The beach to me is a sacred zone between the earth and the sea, one of those in-between places where transitions can be experienced – where endings can be mourned and beginnings birthed. A walk along the beach offers the gift of the unexpected.” – Joan Anderson
4. “One can not collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can pick up only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
I’ve always had a kind of sentiment for a beach. Probably because I was raised on the shore. The Baltic Sea doesn’t always coddle its visitors. But that’s why people living by its waters respect the way it is. Within all of its severity, we learned to appreciate the time when the sea is generous and let us enjoy the time spent on its beaches.
Just like the shells from this inspiring beach quote, every beach is different. But each of them greets us with wide-open arms. And guarantees a bunch of experiences unique to the place we’re currently in.
5. “I followed my heart and it led me to the beach.”
6. “Even castles made from sand fall to the ocean.“ – Jimi Hendrix
7. “True freedom is on the beach.” – Rosamund Pike
8. “A simple life is what people need, and the beach as a place of rest.” – Yanni
9. “On the beach, you can live in happiness. – Dennis Wilson
10. “Mind on a permanent vacation, the ocean is my only medication, wishing my condition isn’t ever going to go away.” – Jimmy Buffett
11. “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun.”
Even just as simple thing as reading beach inspirational quotes gets us in a happy and relaxed mood. And I think that the truth is that spending time on a beach helps us increase our mental strength and encourage our minds to relax and calm down.
In the everyday rush, we have so many duties and things to tick off the to-do lists that we often can become stressed and anxious. But luckily, the beach has this magical feature that when we just enter it, we fell off the zone of clicking clocks. And in a magical way, we get the feeling of stopping the time. And love-the-beach quotes like this one, help us remind about the opportunities to relax that the day on the beach gives us.
12. “In high seas or in low seas, I’m gonna be your friend… I’m gonna be your friend. In high tide or in low tide, I’ll be by your side… I’ll be by your side.” – Bob Marley
13. “The beach is truly home, its broad expanse of sand as welcoming as a mother’s open arms. What’s more, this landscape, which extends as far as the eye can see, always reminds me of possibility.” – Joan Anderson
14. “My dream is to have a house on the beach, even just a little shack somewhere so I can wake up, have coffee, look at dolphins, be quiet and breathe the air.” – Christina Applegate
15. “There is no question that the beaches that our grandchildren will play on will be different from ours. The important question is whether they will be better or worse.” – Orrin H. Pilkey
The seashores might seem to be stable and constant. But in fact, they change little by little every day. We can be sure that dozens of years from now our favorite beaches will look different. And it’s partially up to us on how different they will be.
Here is a good moment to mention the human impact on the planet. I am pretty sure that you are aware that the carefree and consumptive life that our generation lives can lead to a huge environmental disaster. But if we’ll take action now, we can change this gloomy perspective. Even you and I can take small steps each time we go to the beach, to leave this place clean and beautiful for the next generations. And inspiring beach quotes like this one has the power to remind us about it.
If you want to learn a bit about the zero-waste lifestyle, click here to read more.
16. “Whenever I look at the ocean, I always want to talk to people, but when I’m talking to people, I always want to look at the ocean.” – Haruki Murakami
17. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
18. “On the beach, you can live in bliss.” – Dennis Wilson
19. “A day at the beach is never lost time when the warm grains of sand touch our hearts, we know we’re in the right place.”
20. “Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: if you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard.” – Psyche Roxas-Mendoza
21. “After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world.” – Pam Shaw
22. “At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space.” – Natalie Wood
I cannot agree more with these meaningful yet short beach quotes. Whenever I walk on a beach that is not currently enlightened by the sunshine, I get the impression of taking a trip to another unknown world.
In the darkness, the borders between the beach, the water, and the sky disappear. And this magic gives you a unique experience of enjoying another reality. You can feel that you’re only a tiny part of the greater space, and whatever will happen in your life, this extraordinary world will still move on. So the evening spent on the beach can help you get a new perspective of your life and get a distance to the situation that, eventually, aren’t that important as it might seem in the light of the day.
23. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.” – Helen Keller
24. “The ocean makes me feel really small and it makes me put my whole life into perspective.” – Beyoncé
25. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.” – Jeanne Moreau
Romantic beach quotes
Here we’ve got some romantic beach quotes about love. Share them with your lover and enjoy some lovely moments spent on the beach together.
26. “As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart, never full of love.”
27. “Long walks on the beach are the supposed holy grail of a romantic evening. The beach becomes a kind of utopia – the place where all our dreams come true.” – Roxane Gay
That is a good reason why literally every romantic movie where the action happens on the coast, has a scene where persons in love have a long walk on the beach. In the sunset of course.
And it doesn’t matter how cliché it sounds when we’re in love, we all want to take this traditional long walk with our beloved one. I’ve been there, done that.
But the truth is that beachy love quotes like this come into force when we’re in such a romantic environment. We’re in love, the world gives us new adventures, new possibilities, new happy moments. We should enjoy the memories like this and store them safely in our minds so they will comfort us whenever we will face worse days.
Luckily, inspiring beach quotes always can help us get in a romantic mood.
28. “Sometimes just being on a beach with my loved ones is all the adventure I need.” – Guy Laliberte
29. “You all want to know what my dream is? Very simple. To walk along the beach, holding the hand of my lover.” – Michelle Bachelet
30. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
Short and fun beach quotes
And here you’ve got some fun and short beach life quotes and beach sayings that are perfect for beach Instagram captions.
31. “Happiness is a day at the beach with sand between my toes and sunburn on my nose.”
32. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
Inspirational beach quotes like this refer not only to obvious life on the beach but also to facing the difficulties in our lives. I respect this beach vibes quote because it gives me strength in everyday life situations.
When you’re facing a problem that seems to be hopeless, you can always try to switch your perspective. Trying to take a look at a situation from another point can bring you a bunch of new possibilities. Instead of worry that the wave is too huge to swim, you can take a board and try to slide over it.
Just like in the real life.
Wanna go for a vacation to a tropical country but you’re afraid of communication? Learn at least a few typical sentences in a local language.
Do you want to start exercising but you never have time? Wake up 30 minutes earlier and do your workout in the morning, before your brain will come up with excuses.
Do you feel like your money is slipping through your fingers? Put a small amount in a saving account right after receiving your paycheck before you spend that money on unimportant things.
Instead of complaining about how disappointing life is, let’s change our habits and learn how to surf on the waves of life.
33. “B.E.A.C.H.: Best Escape Anyone Can Have.”
34. “Life gives you special moments, especially those that involve the beach.” – Larry Wilcox
35. “Life’s a beach, and I’m just playing in the sand.”
36. “Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to the beach.”
37. “I wish that Beach Therapy was covered by my Health Insurance.”
38. “There’s no place like home. Except for the beach.”
39. “Time wasted at the beach is time well spent.”
40. “Let the waves hit your feet and the sand be your seat.”
41. “Beach more, worry less.”
42. “It’s time for some beach therapy.”
Sometimes, when we have a worse time in our lives, we underestimate the simplest medicines that are powerful enough to boost our moods. But even such modest activities as taking a long walk on the beach can become a wonderful therapy for our minds.
In the open space, with calming sounds of the waves gently hugging the beach, our brains can relax. We can get a distance to any problem that we’re facing. Just like meditation or prayer, the time spent on the beach can bring us many mental advantages.
So anytime you’ll have a bad day, remember about those inspiring beach quotes on the beach.
43. “Namast’ay at the beach.”
44. “Beach Rules: Soak up the sun. Ride the waves. Breathe the salty air. Feel the breeze. Build sandcastles. Rest, relax, reflect. Collect seashells. Bare-feet required.”
45. “Every day should be a beach day.”
46. “Life takes you down many paths, but my favorite ones lead to the beach.”
47. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
48. “Sky above, sand below, peace within.”
49. “If there’s heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it.” – Jimmy Buffett
50. “The waves of the sea help me get back to me.” – Jill Davis
51. “May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes”.
That last one of inspirational quotes about beaches sounds like a nice postcard greeting, right?
You can use many of those beach quotes for Instagram captions, or share those beach quotes with friends on Pinterest.
And if you would like to get even more inspiration, check out this list of the most beautiful beaches around the world!
Inspirational beach quotes on your home decors
I hope your imagination started already to work after reading all of these inspiring beach quotes. While you’re still waiting for your next beach vacation, you might be interested in the pictures below.
I made a small research on different kinds of home decors with cute beach quotes on Etsy. If you would like to introduce some inspirational quotes beach into your home, take a look at those proposals. And don’t hesitate to click on Etsy stores and look for more!
Inspiring beach quotes are not enough? Looking for more beach & sun related posts? Try these:
- 40+ Well-Tried Beach Gifts for Beach Lovers of Any Personality
- What to Wear Sailing? Attire Guide for Any Weather
- 20+ Insanely Beautiful Caribbean Photos To Make You Inspired To Travel
Like it? Pin it!
Dominika is a founder of Sunday In Wonderland and she recently switched her life to be local independent. She aims to travel the world and admire all of its wonders. She is much focused on sustainable life, self-development and making this world a better place.