Easy traveling is a wonderful opportunity of our times. Usually, it starts with a dream, and dreams are often powered by other’s words and images. Here is the collection of the best travel quotes that will immediately make you wanna travel the world.
Save this list for the days of lost in everyday life and let it help you to keep dreaming in the hardest moments. Feel free to pin the images to your own inspirational Pinterest boards and share them with
Best travel quotes for your inspiration:
1. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.”
2. “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show.”
3. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
4. “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
5. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
I was reading like crazy from my first years at school. Books always had this magical ability to take me to completely other worlds. My imagination was fed adventures and journeys of diverse people and creatures. Those memories probably led me to the traveling desire.
The words of Saint Augustine are the confirmation of my assumption. Our planet has so many wonders to share with us, and spending the entire life only in your small courtyard won’t give you even a tiny piece of this consciousness.
Exactly the same as with reading a book. You won’t understand it by reading only one page. I think we all should be more ambitious and simply grateful for the world’s diversity and the possibility of getting to know it.
6. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
7. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it life.” – Robin Sharma
8. “Traveling – it makes you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
9. “Travel while you’re young and able. Don’t worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.”
10. “Don’t call it a dream. Call it a plan.”
I deeply believe the way we think about different expressions has the power to influence our lives. I treat the above quote really seriously. All of us have some dreams. But only if you will start to call your idea a plan instead of a dream, you will get the possibility to achieve it.
I was repeating this quote often before planning my first trip to the Caribbean. After a while, I was not only dreaming about living on the paradise island, but I unintentionally started to turn it into an actual plan. I was not saying “I wish to live in the Caribbean” but “I am going to live in the Caribbean”. I started to read more about it on the bus, make some flights research while eating breakfast, and finally opened a saving account to actually save money for this trip.
The words have huge power and it is only up to you how you will use it.
11. “Travel is an investment in yourself.” – Nyssa P. Chopra
12. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
13. “Jobs fill your pocket, adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty
14. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C. S. Lewis
15. “Travel. Because money returns. Time doesn’t.”
All of us must have any source of income. So we can assume everyone is able to make money in that or another way. So when you will lose some money, it will not be forever. You can make them again.
But the time will not come back to you. You are not getting younger. So postponing the traveling if you really want it is, in fact, an illogical idea.
And what’s the difference if you will buy some new home decor now or in a year? Or a new purse or shoes? Travel instead and do it now because in a year you might already feel too tired or too old. Or the life situation might limit you in this field.
Money returns. But regrets stay.
16. “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” – Henry Rollins
17. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paolo Coelho
18. “If you think travel is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.”
19. “Don’t be the person who is too busy when you’re young and too tired when you’re old.”
20. “Travel not to escape life, but so life doesn’t escape you.”
When I talk to someone about this burning desire to travel, I sometimes get asked what do I escape from? In the beginning, I was only confused, but finding this simple travel quote suddenly explained my inner answer.
The wanderers travel not to escape anything. They do it to keep life in their hands.
Our lives are short, and this world is so wide. I think sitting at home all the time is the waste of life that was given to us. When all your days look exactly the same, how could you say that you’re alive? They will slip through your fingers and you will even do not know when that happened.
So traveling gives you the opportunity to live your life to the fullest. You should appreciate it as deep as it is possible.
21. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
22. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
23. “Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos, kill nothing but time.”
24. “When something good happens, travel to celebrate. If something bad happens, travel to forget it. If nothing happens, travel to make something happen.”
25. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
In everyday life, we face making decisions which sometimes might have a bigger influence on our lives that we think. Our brains love to follow shortcuts and choose the safest and simplest options.
But if we will be doing it for the whole life, one day we might wake up with a feeling that we wasted too many opportunities. Taking risk might be inconvenient, but if we will never try, at the end of our lives we will have no memories to which we could proudly come back.
You do not need to leave your comfort zone each week, or even each month, like the craziest adventurers. But do it at least a few times. First solo travel, writing a dreamed book, changing your job to something drastically different from what you were doing before. All of these things and many others will incredibly increase your self-esteem.
And even if you’d fail, you had at least tried. And know how it feels.
26. “Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets.” – Montel Williams
27. “Ironing boards are surfboards that gave up their dreams and got a boring job. Don’t be an ironing board.”
28. “Travel makes you realize that no matter how much you know, there’s always more to learn.”
29. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
30. “Travel educates, but only educated people.”
This one might be the most surprising of all travel quotes on this list. We all have been said that travel educates. That we should visit 7 wonders, explore museums, visit cultural places, etc.
But, as some say, taking a photo with Egyptian pyramids in the background will not learn you anything without contemplating thousands of years of their history.
Today traveling is easy. And Western world people cannot imagine a year without going into an exotic country. But sadly, usually, they do it only to lay on the beach, exploit local resources, and take another cute photo for Instagram so their friends would be jealous. And they learn absolutely nothing.
So only educated people and those who are more conscious of the relations in the surrounding world will truly benefit traveling. And only for them, travel will bring true value.
31. “So much of who we are is where we have been.” – William Langewiesche
32. “Traveling is about finding those things you never knew you were looking for.”
33. “I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see a little.”
34. “I travel because I’d rather look back at my life, saying ‘I can’t believe I did that’ instead of ‘if only I had…'” – Florine Bos
35. “The difference between people who realize their dreams and the rest of the world is not about the richness of the wallet. It’s about that ones read about distant lands and dream of adventures for the whole life, and others one day look up from the book, get up from the chair and are going to meet their dreams.” – Wojciech Cejrowski
Sometimes it is easy to forget what brings happiness to our lives. Traveling has this power, so even if we cannot do it all the time, we still should travel often in a conscious way. Travel quotes, remembered daily, will keep us close to the travel desire and support us with energy and hope.
If you are looking for some more inspirational travel quotes, follow my Pinterest Travel Board for some fresh sentences to feed your travel spirit!
Do you have your favorite travel quotes? Share them in comment!
Looking for some more inspiration? Check this out!
- 20+ insanely beautiful travel photos from the Caribbean to make you inspired
- How painlessly to save money for traveling the world?
- 5 exciting TED talks about exploring the unexplored
Like it? Pin it!
Dominika is a founder of Sunday In Wonderland and she recently switched her life to be local independent. She aims to travel the world and admire all of its wonders. She is much focused on sustainable life, self-development and making this world a better place.